If you are a student looking for internship, project assistant position or postdoc position, please read this.
For the details of the numerical scheme, see here.
- 3’rd Jan, 2005 to 14’th August 2006: Scientist, Computational and Theoretical Fluid Dynamics Division, National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore
- 1’st September 2006 to July 2008: Post-doc, Projet OPALE, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis
- 6 August 2008 to July 2011: Fellow, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore.
- July 2011 to June 2018: Reader, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore.
- July 2018 to present: Associate Professor (G), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore.
- BE, Mechanical Engineering, KREC, Surathkal, 1994-1998
- ME, Aerospace Engineering, IISc, Bangalore, 1998-2000 (SR No. 605198127)
- PhD, Aerospace Engineering, IISc, Bangalore, 2000-2004 (SR No. 115199529)
My primary research interest is CFD and its applications. I am also interested in numerical analysis and numerical solution of PDE in general.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Kinetic schemes for compressible flows
- Meshless method
- Finite volume method
- Finite element and Discontinuous Galerkin Method
- Compressible flows, MHD, Shallow water
- Well-balanced scheme
- Adjoint equations and solvers
- Automatic differentiation
- Shape optimization
- Simplex method
- Particle swarm optimization
- Metamodelling, surrogate models
- Parallel computing
A list of research topics, some of which are completed, some semi-completed and others still ongoing.
- Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for Euler and MHD equations on adaptive meshes
- Positivity preserving Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for ideal MHD
- An arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian discontinuous Galerkin method for compressible flows
- Hybridizable discontinuous Galerkin method for compressible Navier-Stokes
- Discontinuous Galerkin method for barotropic vorticity transport equation on the sphere
- Discontinuous Galerkin methods for anisotropic diffusion
- Finite volume and residual distribution methods for anisotropic diffusion
- Discontinuous Galerkin method for shallow water model on the sphere
- Finite volume method for compressible RANS on hybrid, unstructured grids
- Instructional workshop on FEM, 2-13 July 2012
- International conference on conservation laws and applications, 1-3 July 2013
- IFCAM Summer school on numerics and control of PDEs, 22 July - 2 August, 2013
- Workshop on optimization with PDE constraints, Nov 25 - Dec 6, 2013
- Finite element meet, 18-20 Dec, 2014
- Advanced Summer School on Control and Numerics for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems, 22-26 June, 2015
- Workshop on Control and Numerics for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems, 29 June - 1 July, 2015
- Conference on Computational PDE, 21-23 Dec, 2015
- Compact course on compressible Navier-Stokes equations, May 2016.
- GIAN course on Computational Solution of Hyperbolic PDE at IIT Delhi, 4-15 December, 2017.
Fun in research
- Will the wind tunnel replace the computer ?
- The Wine Snobs Guide To Flux Functions
- The Fitted Mesh Story...,
- A one-sided view
- The Turbulent History of Fluid Mechanics