Welcome to my website
Project Assistant and Post-doc positions under Airbus Project
I am a Reader in the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore. My official page is located here. Currently, I am also part of the Airbus Chair on Mathematics of Complex Systems.
If you are a student looking for internship, project assistant position or postdoc position, please read this.
For the details of the numerical scheme, see here.
3'rd Jan, 2005 to 14'th August 2006: Scientist, Computational and Theoretical Fluid Dynamics Division, National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore
1'st September 2006 to July 2008: Post-doc, Projet OPALE, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis
6 August 2008 to July 2011: Fellow, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore.
July 2011 to present: Reader, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore.
- BE, Mechanical Engineering, KREC, Surathkal, 1994-1998
- ME, Aerospace Engineering, IISc, Bangalore, 1998-2000 (SR No. 605198127)
- PhD, Aerospace Engineering, IISc, Bangalore, 2000-2004 (SR No. 115199529)
My primary research interest is CFD and its applications. I am also interested in numerical analysis and numerical solution of PDE in general.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Kinetic schemes for compressible flows
- Meshless method
- Finite volume method
- Finite element and Discontinuous Galerkin Method
- Compressible flows, MHD, Shallow water
- Well-balanced scheme
- Adjoint equations and solvers
- Automatic differentiation
- Shape optimization
- Simplex method
- Particle swarm optimization
- Metamodelling, surrogate models
- Parallel computing
A list of research topics, some of which are completed, some semi-completed and others still ongoing.
- A second order well-balanced finite volume scheme for Euler equations with gravity: ideal gas model
- A second order well-balanced finite volume scheme for Euler equations with gravity: general equation of state
- Well-balanced discontinuous Galerkin method for Euler equations with gravity
- Entropy stable finite volume scheme for ideal MHD
- Entropy stable discontinuous galerkin scheme for ideal compressible MHD equations
- Entropy stable schemes on two-dimensional unstructured grids
- An entropy stable discretization for the two dimensional Navier-Stokes equations with stable boundary treatment
- Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for Euler and MHD equations on adaptive meshes
- Positivity preserving Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for ideal MHD
An arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian discontinuous Galerkin method for compressible flows
An arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian discontinuous Galerkin method for special relativistic hydrodynamics
Hybridizable discontinuous Galerkin method for compressible Navier-Stokes
- A Riemann solver based scheme for vorticity-velocity equations (with Eric Parish and Karthik Duraisamy, Univ. of Michigan)
Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for vorticity-velocity model governing incompressible flows (with Souvik Roy)
- Positivity preserving DG scheme for 10 moment Gaussian Model (with Asha Meena and Harish Kumar, IIT Delhi)
Discontinuous Galerkin scheme for resistive MHD equations (with Tanmay Sarkar and Ujjwal Koley)
Discontinuous Galerkin method for barotropic vorticity transport equation on the sphere
Discontinuous Galerkin methods for anisotropic diffusion
Finite volume and residual distribution methods for anisotropic diffusion
Discontinuous Galerkin method for shallow water model on the sphere
Finite volume method for compressible RANS on hybrid, unstructured grids
- Instructional workshop on FEM, 2-13 July 2012
- International conference on conservation laws and applications, 1-3 July 2013
IFCAM Summer school on numerics and control of PDEs, 22 July - 2 August, 2013
- Workshop on optimization with PDE constraints, Nov 25 - Dec 6, 2013
- Finite element meet, 18-20 Dec, 2014
- Advanced Summer School on Control and Numerics for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems, 22-26 June, 2015
- Workshop on Control and Numerics for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems, 29 June - 1 July, 2015
Conference on Computational PDE, 21-23 Dec, 2015
Compact course on compressible Navier-Stokes equations, May 2016.
Fun in research